Christmas is the most magical and wonderful time of year, especially when you choose to spend it with us in Cape Cod, MA. There are plenty of fun events and activities to fill your schedule during the holiday season, and we know some of the best! To help you get started with your holiday getaway planning, here are just some of our favorite things to during a Cape Cod Christmas. You can also find a wide variety of other activities and attractions to enjoy during your getaway by requesting a free copy of our Cape Cod Vacation Guide.
5 Fun Things to Do During a Cape Cod Christmas
1. Take a Ride on the Cape Cod Christmas Train
This Cape Cod holiday tradition is a must for families and the young at heart. Starting at the end of November and ending just a few days before Christmas, you’ll have the opportunity to hop aboard the Cape Cod Central Railroad for the Train to Christmas Town! This Christmas-themed adventure captures the spirit of the season with family-friendly activities such as singing Christmas carols together, searching for hidden presents within the railcars, and indulging in cookies and hot chocolate.
Before you know it, you’ll be arriving in Christmas Town, a magically lighted town in which Santa Claus and his elves will be boarding the train to greet and interact with visitors. Spots for this holiday adventure are filling up fast, so be sure to reserve your space today!
2. Go Shopping
We hope you’ve brought your nice list and checked it twice, because your options for Christmas shopping in Cape Cod are nearly limitless! With over 2,400 shopping venues, you’ll be sure to find Christmas gifts for everyone on your list. If you’ll be staying with us at the Chatham Gables Inn, some of the area’s best boutique shops can be found just minutes away in Downtown Chatham. From clothing shops to bookstores, you’ll find it all!
3. Admire the Spectacular Christmas Lights
Cape Cod becomes a wonderland of dazzling Christmas lights during the holiday season. Simply strolling through the local towns and admiring the twinkling lights is a great romantic date idea or something fun and inexpensive to enjoy with your friends and family. One Christmas light display we highly recommend is Gardens Aglow in nearby Sandwich, MA. From November 23rd to December 30th, 2018, the Heritage Museum and Gardens will come alive with bright lights and extensive Christmas decorations. It truly is a sight to behold and a must for your Cape Cod Christmas getaway.
4. Christmas By the Sea Stroll Weekend
Christmas by the Sea Stroll Weekend is a Chatham, MA staple and one of the Cape’s favorite holiday events. On December 7th-8th, come by Downtown Chatham for a tree lighting ceremony, Christmas caroling, horse and carriage rides, and plenty of homemade cookies for everyone. Plus, this is a grand opportunity to get started on your Christmas shopping in the local shops that will be staying open late for the event!
5. Indulge in Our Christmas Packages
The Chatham Gables Inn is thrilled to share our variety of exciting holiday vacation packages and specials! This Christmas, enjoy more of the season for less by booking one of these incredible packages.
- Chatham Christmas Stroll Package: If you’d like to participate in the Christmas By the Sea Stroll Weekend in Chatham, then this is the package for you! You’ll enjoy two nights in one of our premier rooms, two tickets for the Historical Inn Tour, a $50 gift certificate for dinner in the local restaurant of your choice, and more.
- Christmas in Chatham Package: Escape the “hustle and bustle” of the holiday season and treat yourself to two enchanting nights in Chatham, MA. This package includes accommodations in one of our best rooms, a 20% discount in our retail nook, a complimentary Kashwere blanket as our gift to you, and more. Plus, we’ll even wrap all of the Christmas gifts you may have bought during your visit so you don’t have to!
- First Night!: Even after the Christmas season has ended, there’s still time to celebrate! Our First Night package allows you and your sweetheart celebrate the start of the new year with two-night lodging in our bed and breakfast, two First Night Chatham buttons, a New Year’s Day brunch, and late check-out.
Book the Ultimate Cape Cod Christmas Getaway Today
Interested in experiencing a Cape Cod Christmas? How about booking a stay at Chatham Gables Inn? Our historic B&B is perfect for travelers who are looking to relax and enjoy the luxuries of home while away from home here in Cape Cod. Each of our rooms is decorated in a crisp Cape Cod style and our comfortable beds are topped with comfy sheets. Each morning enjoy a delicious breakfast and then be on your way to enjoy the sights and attractions of Cape Cod. It’s everything you need and more to make holiday memories that you’ll be talking about for years to come.
For romantic getaways, we highly recommend our beautiful Nantucket Suite. This stunning guest room is equipped with luxury amenities and unique features including a private terrace, comfy sitting area, a SeaGlass spa private bathroom, a fireplace stove, and more.
Book your favorite room with us today! We look forward to seeing you in Chatham soon.