Congratulations on your wedding day! While you’re preparing for your big day and the rest of your lives together, one thing you’ll definitely want to start considering is where you’ll be spending your honeymoon. With so many incredible destinations to choose from, picking the perfect spot to celebrate your marriage can be overwhelming. Let us help you make your decision easier! Here are just a few reasons why a Cape Cod honeymoon is the best choice and some of the most fun and romantic things to do while you’re here.
While you’re planning your Cape Cod honeymoon, you won’t want to be without our free Chatham Vacation Guide! This handy getaway planning tool is filled with all the best recommendations for local activities and attractions including our area’s top beaches, museums, hiking trails, dining, shopping, annual events, and more. With this guide in your hands, you can spend less time planning your vacation and more time focusing on what is really important, which is enjoying your honeymoon with your sweetheart!
3 Reasons Why You Should Choose a Cape Cod Honeymoon
Cape Cod is a destination ideal for lovers! The historic charm and romantic ambiance of our coastal getaway have made countless couples fall in love with each other all over again. Whether you and your sweetheart spend your days lounging on the pristine beaches or trying new foods in one of the many local restaurants, you’ll be sure to make memories that the both of you will always cherish. Here are some of our favorite romantic things to do in Cape Cod that we’re sure you’ll love just as much as we do.
- Tour Local Wineries: There is nothing quite like sipping on the fine wines of Cape Cod with your loved one. Truro Vineyards of Cape Cod is one of our area’s most popular wineries and is known for their bold and intense flavors. Tours and tastings are offered during the summer with outdoor live music entertainment as an added bonus.
- Explore Provincetown: As Cape Cod’s oldest art colony, Provincetown provides a multitude of fascinating galleries. You’ll have the opportunity to admire, interpret, and purchase local art with your beloved and find items to decorate your home together.
- Enjoy a Romantic Meal: New England is home to some of the most celebrated American cuisine. During your visit, you’ll have literally hundreds of choices when it comes to Cape Cod restaurants. If you’re in need of some suggestions, Del Mar Bistro serves up delectable seafood dishes and contemporary American cuisine like pizza and appetizers. The Chatham Wine and Bar Restaurant is another one of Chatham’s top eateries and is ideal for sumptuous small plates and fine local wine.
2. Fun and Adventure
No matter what time of year that you plan your Cape Cod honeymoon, adventure awaits! There are a plethora of ways to get out and explore with your loved one. From hiking trails to boating excursions, Cape Cod has it all! Take a look at some of our suggestions to help you get started with your planning.
- Cape Cod National Seashore: With over 40 miles of pristine beach, Cape Cod National Seashore is the perfect place to take a romantic stroll, photograph the incredible seascape, and leave all your worries behind.
- Hy-Line Cruises: This local tour company specializes in boat tours and cruises through the waters of historic Cape Cod. Points of interest include Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Sagamore Bridge, Bourne Bridge, and Vertical Lift Railroad Bridge.
- Whale Watching: Searching for whales feeding off the coast is one of the most famous activities available in Cape Cod. During whale watching season (April-October), hop aboard one of our local whale cruises and embark on the journey of a lifetime.
3. A Peaceful Setting
A Cape Cod honeymoon is the perfect way to find some solace and rest from the circus that is planning a wedding. A honeymoon in the off-season is the best way to avoid the crowds. However, if you love sunshine and beaches and don’t mind too much of a crowd, then plan your summer Cape Cod honeymoon today! Whenever you do choose to come, the best way to experience Cape Cod in a peaceful setting is to stay in a cozy bed and breakfast by the cape!
The Best Place to Honeymoon in Cape Cod Awaits
Here at Chatham Gables Inn, we’re proud to offer our luxurious rooms and amenities as the start to the rest of your lives. Every morning, you’ll enjoy a complimentary, delicious homemade breakfast to give you the energy to explore Cape Cod. We also offer incredible romance packages and add-on’s that will make your stay with us even more memorable. So, say, “Yes,” to a romantic Cape Cod honeymoon, and see for yourself the lifelong memories that can be yours!
Book your honeymoon with us in your favorite room today! We look forward to welcoming you to Cape Cod soon.