Located on the southeast corner of Cape Cod, the beautiful and charming city of Chatham is the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway to the Massachusetts coast. The quaint downtown area also supplies a surplus of things to do and see during your stay with us. If you’re planning a visit to Cape Cod soon, here are some of the best things to experience in Downtown Chatham, MA that you won’t want to skip.
Downtown Chatham, MA is just one of the many places to see during your getaway to Cape Cod. Request your free copy of our Vacation Guide now for a full list of our area’s top attractions, activities, dining, entertainment, and more.
3 Things to Do in Downtown Chatham, MA
With blocks and blocks of shops and plenty of variety, you will be supplied with hours of entertainment all in one place. There are toy shops, clothing shops, art galleries, furniture and antique shops, and much more. While you are there, you can find a gift for friends or mementos to keep for yourself. Here are some of our favorite Downtown Chatham, MA stores you’ll want to check out.
- Mayflower Shop: With an eye for sourcing distinctive treasures, this popular shop is the perfect place to find gifts, cards, home decor, and accessories.
- Ducks in the Window: This unique store is rubber ducks-galore! It’s filled with almost every kind of rubber duck you can imagine such as designer ducks, Chatham ducks, and even personalized selections. It’s the perfect way to bring a smile to someone’s face.
- Sundance Clothing: Sundance is one of the best clothing stores in Chatham, MA. From formal designs to casual sweaters, this store has it all!
- Where the Sidewalk Ends Bookstore: This mother-daughter owned bookstore is housed in a two-story “antique” barn. The relaxing lounge includes a fireplace and reading chairs for browsing through your favorite books or playing card games.
2. Chatham, MA Restaurants
We hope you’re hungry! You’ll find a wide selection of decadent restaurants in Downtown Chatham, MA that is sure to delight your taste buds. Whether you’re craving fresh seafood or a tasty pizza, you’ll find a local eatery that you’ll surely want to return to again and again. Take a look at some of the downtown area’s most frequented restaurants.
- Del Mar Bistro: This is one of the many Chatham MA restaurants that have a menu featuring fresh seafood. It only makes sense, given that we’re located right beside the water! Del Mar’s menu has a menu of contemporary American dishes as well as pizza and appetizers.
- Lazy Lobster: A favorite among locals and visitors alike, the Lazy Lobster has great service and amazing food. A selection of seafood, sandwiches, and burgers make it the perfect lunch spot. Plus, you can’t go wrong with a lobster or seared scallop roll.
- Bistro on Main: This cozy spot, also known as Vining’s Bistro, offers a menu of seasonal dishes made with locally sourced ingredients and international inspirations. You’ll also enjoy a great selection of wine and beer to complement your meal.
After your shopping excursion or meal in one of the restaurants, there’s still more to do in Downtown Chatham, MA. This town is filled with scenic landmarks and parks just begging to be explored. Kate Gould Park is a popular spot for families and couples to enjoy a picnic, enjoy the natural beauty of the area, and listen to live music in the summertime.
The Chatham Fish Pier is also a frequented landmark and home to the Chatham Pier Fish Market. Here, you’ll be able to taste only the freshest seafood that was harvested that same day. The Fisherman’s Monument, erected in June 1992, makes for fantastic photo opportunities and the chance to learn more about Chatham’s thriving fishing industry.
Discover the Best of Chatham During Your Stay in Our Bed & Breakfast
There’s no better place to enjoy everything our beautiful city has to offer than Chatham Gables Inn. Our elegant and charming bed & breakfast inn is situated right in the heart of Chatham and located near many more of your favorite Cape Cod attractions. During your stay, you’ll enjoy wonderfully appointed guest rooms, a delicious breakfast each morning, and other amenities you won’t find anywhere else.